I had a lot of folks ask to continue, so continue we will. I enjoy doing this so it is fine with me to move on and continue.
Three things to ask:
1. Help recruit more folks. If you know a photographer that is serious about growing their experience, working on real-world assignments and getting real-world critiques, let them know that Project 52 is out here and it remains as a free version as well as the PRO versions.
2. Do your best. We give two weeks to do the assignments. Plan your shoot time, and put as much of you on the image as possible. Work hard, and you will see the fruits of your efforts really pay off.
3. Interact. Here and on the Flickr Lighting Essentials forum. Help one another do better, get ideas and generate amazing images.
How does it work? Simple.
There will be a new assignment on this site every Sunday/Monday.
- You have two weeks to do the assignment.
- We will review the work on the Wednesday two weeks after the assignment was given. You must absolutely have your image on the Flickr assignment page before showtime. With two weeks and two days, there is no excuse for late entries. A link to the Webinar will be on each assignment page.
- The images must be placed on the Flickr Lighting Essentials Page that coordinates with the assignment. A Free Flickr account is all that is needed.
- As noted, we use GoToWebinar for interactive critiques, and I suggest either a good headset, or microphone set where it will not feedback from the audio on your computer. You can choose to watch on an iDevice or Android tablet as well, but the cursor will not show as we discuss the imagery.
- Critiques are honest, not brutal, and constructive. That is how we run the Flickr forum as well.
- To be notified of new assignments, please use the Subscribe form (top right). Click on Profile to create your subscription and you will be notified of each new post on this site. We do not use your email for any other use whatsoever.
So that is how we do it here.
I look forward to working with you all to help improve your work and become more experienced in commercial assignments.
The first assignment is coming within an hour of this post.
Thanks for sticking with it.